These are just a few of my creative publications. Not included: anything I write for Blue Ocean Brain, because it's super cool and top secret, and the thousands of articles I wrote for About.com as their Test Prep expert. Desperate to read test-taking strategies or find some really awesome SAT tricks? You can find much of my test prep work on ThoughtCo., which is About.com's new identity for its education market. Just click around under test prep and look for Kelly C. Roell, my alter ego. You'll find me!
- Fleeing Hurricane Irma @The Washington Post
- Irma's Aftermath @The Washington Post
- I'm Not Here for Oncology @Folks by PillPack
- The Ultimate Guide to Surviving the First Day of Preschool @Parent Map
- Target Turns My Kids Into Orangutans @Scary Mommy
- Dear Mothers, Tucking Your White Sons Into Bed Tonight @Sammiches & Psych Meds
- The Top 20 Reasons Your Preschooler Isn't Taking His Nap (And Yes, It's Your Fault) @Sammiches & Psych Meds
- A Behavioral Interview with the Nanny Who Didn't Cut It @ Sammiches & Psych Meds
“I credit my high score to ACT Strategy Smart.”
About ACT STRATEGY SMART: This book helped me so much. It provides very logical advice and tricks about taking the ACT. I read it over the course of two weeks before the exam, and I credit my high score to this book.
— John-Michael Linares
“It reminds me of Klass and Zusak.”
About GRAVEMAIDENS: "I love the varied structure. Reminds me of Klass. The fragments of internal monologues are spot on. It reminds me a bit of the way Follett handles exposition and nods to the voice of Zusak in The Book Thief."
— Calvin Dillon, Writer, Head of English Dept. Steinbrenner HS, Tampa FL